We are all aware of the fact that numerous individuals out there believed that reflexology is one type of foot massage. For those who are interested to learn more about reflexology and its benefits, then be sure to continue reading this article. After reading this article, it will definitely change your mind about reflexology.
Definition of Reflexology
Actually, reflexology is the term used to describe one type of massage that involves the gentle and slow manipulation of our body’s pressure points to remove blockage from the pathways so that the energy can flow in. This kind of energy will help in enlivening our bodies and in healing itself as well. This involves the application of gentle pressure in the reflex points of our hands and bodies to bring deep relaxation and help return to the state-of-balance. Well, reflexology is also known as zone therapy.
It is an ancient healing therapy that originated from China to relieve stress as well as treat pain in various parts of the body. With reflexology, the Chinese people had balanced as well as healthy lives. Due to the popularity and effectiveness of reflexology, it is not surprising for it to become very famous around the world. As a matter of fact, you can find lots of massage parlors that offer reflexology in their services.
Knowing the Rewards of Reflexology to Us
Given the non-invasive methods used in reflexology, anyone can undergo this form of therapy, regardless of their gender, age and health conditions. Studies show that numerous men and women used reflexology in treating arthritic, mobility as well as pain problems. It is also tried and tested to be effective when it comes to treating diverse psychological and physical problems. The other benefits of reflexology are as follows:
1. You can use reflexology to treat the different kinds of pain in your body.
2. It relaxes our bodies.
3. This is proven to be effective in enhancing blood circulation and flow.
4. It is also effective in regulating our body’s cholesterol level.
5. Numerous hypertensive men and women make use of reflexology in regulating their blood pressure.
6. It also stimulates the nerve functions.
7. You can utilize reflexology to improve your body’s immunity from various diseases and ailments.
7. There are also oncologists who used reflexology in complementing cancer care by easing the nausea, vomiting, pain and anxiety felt by cancer patients.
8. It is also proven to be effectual in easing and helping women in giving birth as well as treating various post partum effects.
9. Some even undergo reflexology to get relief and treatment for their kidney diseases, insomnia, asthma, allergies, skin diseases, gastrointestinal problems and etc.