Drug or alcohol dependency can be life threatening if it is not being checked in right time.
Are you addicted to opiate? Or Opiate nibbles the life of your loved one? Whoever the person is the opiate consumption should be quenched for the sake of better health and happy life.
How Opiate Alkaloids Works in System & Leave system?
The process of removing the opiate substance from the body is called the detoxification. Detoxification is a method that makes withdrawal symptoms easy and manageable. If you are thinking to remove the opiate substance from your body then you need to undergo the opiate detoxification process in a reliable rehab center. Opiate derives from the Chinese poppy seeds. Alkaloids fall in the opiate group are – morphine, codeine, thebaine, heroin, oxycodone and hydrocodone. The removing time of opiate alkaloids is not the same,
- An opiate lives in system for less time and it takes less time to leave the system. Though, the effects of consuming opiate lasts really long in system.
- Prescription opiate lives in system for an hour and starts providing affects to the addicted person. Prescription opiates are taken orally, so it can damage the digestive system too if it is taken for long time. it stays in your system for 4 to 6 hours and leaves system within 72 hour through urine.
- Morphine stays in your system for 1.5 to 8 hour and it leaves system within 72 hour when you urinate.
If you are advised to take opiates in any form to release your pain but you get addicted to then you should take paregoric to avoid major health issues. It is better to learn about detoxing opiates from system to go safe.
What Causes Speed of Removing Opiate from System?
When you are dependent to opiate and you are finding source to get rid of the habit, you need to consult with your doctor. It is better to take admission to rehab to undergo the opiate detoxification process under the supervision of experts. Detoxification process makes the opiate removing process from your body easy. It is true you need to undergo withdrawal symptoms but detoxification process aids to make withdrawal easy and smooth.
Though, there is no hard and fast rule removing opiate in your body. The removing process certainly depends on different factors of your body. Let us have a look
- Age factor
- Your food habit and lifestyle
- The metabolism rate of your body
- The time period you have taken opiate substances
- The class of opiate you depended on
- How many glass of water you consume in a day
- The condition of liver and kidneys
- Your body fat content
- Your body weight with mass
- Even the type of opiate also provides effect on your body and ensures how long your body takes to remove the substance
Yes, how long an opiate stays in your body and how long it takes to remove from body that totally depend on above-mentioned scenarios. You need to consider the half-life of the substance also.
Opiate Removing Process is Not Free
But, when you were dependent to opiates for such a long time, there must be some side-effects you have undergone. These may be,
- Stomach ache
It is always better to seek medical help when you are willing to say goodbye to your opiate dependency. Medical practitioners in rehab centers not only help you recover physically but also you will get mental and psychological support too.